Seriously, I think I had at least some alcohol in my system every night this past week. Never enough to get drunk or leave me with a hangover. But combined with all the junk food, fast food and tasty food of the Christmas period I now feel like one of those crappy jelly monsters from the ooze section of the Monster Manual. I feel, and probably look like a flesh coloured bag of tripe. This feels like karmic retribution after I made those fat jokes in the last entry.
I still feel bad about those. I could've gone way worse with it, I thought of dozens more that I didn't use. But I think comments about a person's appearance, even when that appearance is sadly ironic, should probably stay out of politics.
Anyway, the Mayans were wrong, Quezacotl didn't destroy us all, or whatever that bullshit was, so now we have a brand new year to completely fuck up. I'm setting my New Years Resolution as 'be more of a disappointment' so this time next year I'll at the very least be pleasantly surprised.
2012 was actually pretty good for me, I self published not one but two novel length works of fiction. At least two people have enjoyed them, so that's a win for me. I also discovered that the most amazing, beautiful, sweetest and pleasant adjective incitingest girl I'll ever meet is actually one of my best friends so now I'm in one of those 'relationships' that I hear everybody banging on about all the time. It's pretty great.
Also, we beat the Mayans.
Anyway, rather than make a bunch of bland resolutions that I'll never stick to (except for 'be more of a disappointment' I've got that one down already), I decided to simply resolve to do stuff that I'm already part way through. I'm nothing if not terribly lazy. So here's a list of projects that I'm already in the middle of, which also doubles as a list of things you can expect from me in 2013.
1) Be more of a disappointment: We've covered this already.
2) Finish off Part Three of Hair of the Dog and finally nail down the first full Gallaetha story (You can expect this to be ready to ship by about the end of February, mid-March at the absolute latest.)
3) Do a compilation of all three parts of Hair of the Dog with a new cover and bonus material.
4) Print versions of all three parts of the novel, as well as a separate print version of the compilation book.
5) Finalise work on my 'Adam James: Private Dick' novel which was rejected by the Dundee Book prize last year and get that thing published at last. (I want to have this boxed off by the summer)
6) Finish the editing of my Gallaetha prequel novel, featuring Layla Redford and others in a brand new location. (This should be follow on the heels of my Private Dick novel quite closely since they're both in about the same place, editing-wise).
7) Find the world's only surviving unicorn and eat its heart to gain its power (the same resolution I had last year).
So 2013 is going to be more of the same, only better. Let's do this shit.